JPHES is looking for a Professional Engineer to add to our Electrical Engineering team. Prospective applicants should possess a positive attitude, creativeness and come fully prepared to put in the effort and energy required to produce successful projects.
JP Harvey Engineering Solutions (JPHES) is a Consulting Engineering Firm located in Hampton Roads, VA (29 N. Kings Way, Hampton 23669). We have a strong team of engineers and designers with varied skills and backgrounds required to tackle a variety of project types/needs. We feature a team of Professional Engineers (PE) licensed in multiple states, Engineers-in-Training (EIT), and Graduate Engineers (GE) that specialize in Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering and Commissioning. We are a certified small business that operates on a large scale nationally and internationally. Our benefits includes Health, Dental, 401k, Vacation/Sick and AFLAC.
A successful applicant will possess the following:
- An understanding of engineering design standards, codes and criteria including code analysis.
- Preparing complete and accurate construction drawings/specifications for the electrical portion of a facility.
- Power Distribution, Lighting, Lightning Protection, Communication, etc.
- Utilizing industry standard software for calculations. Examples include:
- ComCheck, AGI, SKM, ETAP, etc.
- Reviewing calculations/design concepts performed by electrical designers/EITs.
- Mentoring EITs in the pursuit of their PE.
- Coordination of design concepts with project managers, architects, structural engineers, etc.
- Review and respond to RFIs, Review Comments, Contractor’s submittals, etc.
This position will require the following:
- Graduation from an ABET accredited engineering program in electrical engineering
- 4+ years of experience in the industry
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and REVIT
- Professional License for Electrical Engineering in the US (VA is desirable but not required)
- Registered with NCEES (desirable but not required)
- Registered Communication Distribution Designer (desirable but not required)
- LEED AP (desirable but not required)
Interested? Submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your resume in PDF format.